Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finishing Up!

I finished installing the other rear tire on Linda's tractor last night and I also got all the bolts tightened properly. I could not get the alternator to kick in and charge so I decided to drive it around and let the engine run and warm up. After about 30 minutes of driving the alternator went to working like it is supposed to.

I just finished rebuilding a Farmall M carb for a customer. It had set up for a while and the gas was starting to change and it left a coating on the inside of the carb that had to be scraped out. The fuel passage behind the main jet was clogged with trash and bad fuel. I cleaned the passages and replaced a bad float and now it should run a little better. Good thing I had all of this in stock!!

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts, Rebuilding carbs one float at the time!!!

No comments: