Monday, April 11, 2011

Corban Crook Benefit Tractor Pull

I went to the benefit pull Saturday before I went to the reunion. I figured I would only have time for 1 pull before I would have to leave. I was the first puller in the 7900 pound class. I pulled about 150 ft and stood it up and spun out. They called me back to change the gear in the sled. I backed up and moved 140 pounds to the front end and re pulled. I went 183 ft and some inches. I thought to my self as I backed up and they unhooked me" This pull ain't going to get me to first place maybe third." DRH pulled next and he went 180 ft and some inches. I thought to my self " This is interesting I'm not normally ahead of him" . DY pulled third and he is normally my competition for this class and he made it 167 ft. I was a happy camper I got first place in front of a record crowd. There were probably 500 to 600 people there. It was the biggest crowd I have ever seen in Pageland. People really turned out to make the benefit a success!!! ................................Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts

No comments: