Monday, February 27, 2012

After hours work!

I am setting here waiting for the fiberglass on a fuel tank to set up and cure. I started this last Thursday night and I got a bad kit and the fiberglass set and started to jell in about 30 seconds. I have done a couple of hundred fuel tanks in 30 years and this was the first bad kit I have had.
Tonight, I had to remove the little bit of fiberglass I put on Thursday night before I could start tonight. Some of it came right off with acetone and some had to be chipped off to get back to a good surface. It should be ready in about a hour. I have just got the fiberglass off me and the tools cleaned up.
This was a gas tank for a JD 4020. They will hold water in the bottom of the tank and rust out around the drain plug. It should be ready for another 45 years.

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts, Fixing them one at a time!!!!!

No comments: