Sunday, May 24, 2009

JD 3010 Engine Rebuild







This is the JD 3010 diesel block I have mentioned in previous posts. I had sent the block the the machine shop to have it cleaned and to have cam bearings installed in the block. This is how I normally get my blocks back from the machine shop. I have been using the same machine shop since 1980. I do not know how many blocks and cranks I have sent there to get them ready to rebuild. It is always best to start with a clean block. The life of the engine depends on how clean it is when it is put together. This is called an out of frame overhaul and takes an out of frame overhaul kit with all the gaskets and front and rear seal.
More on this as I rebuild it.
Southeast Tractor Parts, Engine kits for JD Tractors!!

4 comments:

Larry McConnell said...

I really think Orange would be nicer. I will foller the build anyways cause I thinks you does good work!

Eric said...

I guess I could paint it AC Orange
Eric

Larry McConnell said...

Probably run better from the git-go

Eric said...

If that's all it takes they would be cheaper to build!