Monday, May 11, 2009

Farmall 560 CARB #4 and Govenor

I have finished assembling the carb and have it ready to mount on the tractor. I have also tore the governor apart and cleaned it out, lightened the weights so it will respond faster and I have greased it up and reassembled it. Tomorrow, I will ship it to my customer. I have touched on the high points of what has to be done toe modify a carb to make it a pulling carb, but, I have not included all my secrets. These tidbits will get you started on adding horsepower to your tractor.
My next project is to build the JD 3010 diesel engine. I am getting a spot ready so I can take pictures as I go.

Thanks, Eric

Southeast Tractor Parts, solutions to your problem.

2 comments:

Larry McConnell said...

Good writing my friend! Do you know if the venturi will come out of my Marvel? I don't want to damage it un-neccessarily. I am looking for a set of HVAC drills to up size my jets. Did you need to remove weights from your tractor after all that ice cream?

Eric said...

Yes, you can take out your venturi. They can be hard to get out of the carb. It takes a set of number sized drill bits to drill the discharge tube and the jets out. And no I did not need to take off weights to pull, but I was getting close
Thanks, Eric