Thursday, March 11, 2010

Parts Returns

Sometimes we have parts returned simply because I sold the customer the wrong part. Sometimes the customer will ask for a part for a JD 3020 and when it comes back I find out he had a JD 2030. Occasionally, he will even have a IH tractor ( his buddy said they are the same thing). Our return rate is like .25 percent of our gross sales which is pretty low. I know some used parts places are normally 6 to 8 percent on there returns. I get the most returns from people who come in and get a part and have not worked on their tractor yet!! The think they know what is wrong and buy a part and when it is torn apart something different is broken. So tear your tractor down to determine what parts you really need to fix it before you order or buy the parts you think you need, some of the parts we order cannot be returned. Some can be returned but there is shipping costs and restocking fees that have to be paid and this runs up your cost.
The Rental Uniform man was just here wanting me to try out a new soap to clean our hands. I now have a dispenser mounted in the restroom to dispense soap. It is a new product for them and he wants me to tell him if it is any good- to test drive it-However I know where this is going and it will have to be pretty cheap for me to buy it.

No comments: