Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Florida Trip

Last week I went to Orlando FL. for the National Tractor Parts Dealer meeting. As usual there were a bunch of vendors set up to advertise their products. They also had 2 speakers, Michael Libbie who gave a presentation on Social Media and Ed Mcmillian who gave a presentation on Fraud and Embezzlement. The speakers by themselves were worth the trip.
I left home last Wednesday morning about 5:30 am and it was 25 degrees here. When I got out of the pickup in Florida it was 76 degrees. It was hot again!!!!
One of the ideas I brought home and I recommend to all of you is used a gel pen when you write a check. The gel ink is supposed to bind to the fiber in the check and cannot be washed off. A crook can take your check and wash the ink off the pay to line and the amount and leave your signature on the check Then they can fill it out payable to whoever and they can write in any amount that they want to. And the check has your signature on it. The gel pen ink is not supposed to wash out. If you use a regular ink pen the ink sits on top of the paper and will wash off with the right solution.

When you come here to buy a parts I will loan you my Gel pen to fill out your check!!!

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts,

No comments: