Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Morning

Well it is Saturday morning and I am setting here doing the end of the month paper work that has to be done. It is raining here and has been raining since yesterday afternoon. The phones are quite I guess most people are not worried about tractor parts on a day like today. However, I have had some calls. I just priced out an engine kit for a Ford 2110 compact (Japanese) tractor. The kit is about $1200.00 give or take a little depending on the bearings that he needs. I have sold engine kits for the past 28 years for different tractors, but have only been able to get this kit for about 6 months. I have had a demand for compact tractor kits for about 12 years but had to send people back to the OEM dealers to get their engine parts .The OEM engine kit for the 2110 is about $2500.00. So there are some savings there.
Yesterday, I had a customer with a JD 2510 needing an engine because his had spun a main bearing. He had been quoted $5000 for a short block from his local dealer. I found him a good used take out engine for $2700.00 . Maybe on Monday, I will have an answer on what he wants to do.
Even in this bad economy, the phones are still ringing people are looking for parts to get there garden tractors ready, to get there farm tractors ready and go another year. Next week I will start to rebuild a JD 3010 diesel engine. I have to take the block to the machine shop on Monday to get it cleaned and have Cam bearings installed. I will walk you through the rebuilding process as I do it. I also have a IH carburetor coming to be rebuilt for a pulling tractor. I will walk you through the rebuilding/modifying process on it.

No comments: