Saturday, March 21, 2009

Loafing on a Saturday

Today, Linda and I went to the gun show in Columbia SC at the Fairgrounds. I have been sorta thinking about having a booth there to advertise our tractor parts. There are hunters there who have large acreages they hunt and some of them have tractors to disc fire breaks and food plots and some of them are farmers who have tractors and need parts to repair them. I have also been sorta looking for a rifle. Prices were $450 to $2500 and I decided I would look some more. All we brought home was a bag of beef jerky.
So now, I am out here working on my Rollback truck. The batteries have died. They were only 4 years old. Monday morning I have to get a new set so I can crank the truck and unload the JD 850 tractor that is loaded on the truck. I will be parting this tractor out. The engine spun a main bearing so I probably have a bad crankshaft and a bad block. This tractor has 4 wheel drive and an almost new set of tractor tires. I think 12.4x24 on the rear. These are not Turf tires, but tractor tread tires. the sheet metal is a little rough. The head is still on the engine and should be good.
I have 2 tractor bought and need to go and pick them up. One is a Ford 9N, it runs but the engine knocks. The other is a JD 4010 . It is not running and the sheet metal is rough. When I get them in I will post a better description of them.

Southeast Tractor Parts, parts for broke tractors!

No comments: