Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturdays Rain

Our tractor pull in Aiken was rained out. As we were arriving at the pull it started raining and it rained and rained and rained. I never unloaded my tractor off of the truck and there were tractors setting there on the their trucks waiting as I was, to be able to pull. But all in all it was not a bad day. Normally I am tied up with the pull and do not get to see the exhibits. This time I got to walk through the different buildings and see the exhibits and the steam engines running. They had a 1928 Fairbanks Morse engine running a Sawmill operation under a shed and it was interesting to watch them cut boards using an 81 year old engine. I also a display of minature houses built by hand that would open up so you could see the furniture inside of the house. There were also a collection of minature outhouses. Some of them had labels on them like Old Colleton School outhouse . You could see that someone had put a great deal of time in them and it was interesting to look at them and realize how much time has changed. I sat in the shop and listened to a group play Bluegrass and Gospel music for about a hour while the rain poured just outside the open doors. I talked to one customer who had made the trip to ask about parts for his 560 IH tractor and thought he was lucky to find me in the crowd that was there. I was at the Aiken Farm Fest in Aiken SC and it is held on the last Friday and Saturday in March every year. Hopefully, this coming weekend will be better!

Southeast Tractor Parts, parts for your tractor!

No comments: