Monday, June 1, 2009

IH STARTER SWITCH









I have been working on finding a source for a better starter switch for the IH M's and H's. The source I have had for several years does not have the best quality switch and I have warrantied out most of the switches I have sold. This new switch is made here in the USA by the original manufacturer that made them for IH & Oliver. The problem with the the one I have had is the cap on the switch would pivot when you mashed it down the start the tractor. Sometimes it would jam and not start the tractor. Sometimes it would stick it the start position and continue to start/crank the tractor while it was running.





The new switch has a heavier spring and the cap does not pivot so it should not stick. I do not have the exact price at the moment, but they will probably be in the $11 to $13 range. My part number is 1996487 and it is the same as 356913R91, 64931H, 131332C1, 131202C1, 04981AB and 107497C1.





No comments: