Monday, June 22, 2009

JD 3010 Engine Rebuild #4

Well my having it done by the weekend kinda got postponed. I cleaned the camshaft up getting it ready to put in the block and the #1 lobe did not look right. I got the calipers and started measuring. The lobe measured .041 inches less than the other lobes. Which means the valve would not open when it should and would not stay open long enough and then it would close early. This is an exhaust valve lobe . The valve closing early would prevent the cylinder from scavenging like it should which could cause it to run a little hotter than it should or skip and sputter. There would be at least a loss of horsepower.
I have a good used cam on order and it should be here tomorrow on the little brown truck. Then I will be back to work on the engine.

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts. Finding good used parts all over the world!!!!

No comments: