Monday, June 29, 2009

Tractor Pulling in Oakboro NC

I went tractor pulling at Oakboro NC this past Saturday. I wanted to try out my new tires and rims to see how they would pull on different dirt against good competition. I got first place finish in 8000 lb super and second place finishes in 6000 lb and 7000 lb super. In the 6000 lb class I was 2 feet behind first place and in the 7000 lb class I finished at 324.51 feet, the winner finished at 324.58 feet. That is good pulling whether first or second place!!! In the 8000 and 7000 class I let the tractor lug down to about 1100 to 1200 rpm before I pulled the TA. Each time the engine came back and I pulled an additional 60 feet. Normally, the tractor would have spun out and I would have stopped right there. I think the combination of a real good track and the wider rims and tires kept me hooked to the track so the TA worked perfectly!
IT was hot!!!! but all in all it was a good day.

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts!Providing parts for new folks!!!!!

1 comment:

Larry McConnell said...

That's super Eric! Glad the work paid off for you. We had my Moms 80th party and you are right it was hot! I see where Michael has cancelled the July pull, hope nothing is wrong! Come on out to the pull Saturday and have some fun with the rest of us!?!? Hope to see you soon.