Wednesday, September 23, 2009

PARTS

I had 2 customers in today ( well actually several more than that) that told me the OEM dealer price of the parts they were looking for from me. One was looking for a fuel filter head. This is the part the filter fastens to and it bolts on the engine. I sold him one for $10.00 and I made money on it. The price at the dealer was $111.00 The other customer was looking for a clutch kit for a IH 140 tractor. I stock this clutch kit and sell 25 to 30 of them a year. My retail price today is $268.00 . He had just left the dealer and their price was $779.00 . Both of these were people I have known for years and sold parts to for years so I don't think they were pulling my leg.
If you have been to the dealer and got a shock call me the next time and maybe I can save you some money!

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts,Good Parts -Better Prices-Southeast Tractor

No comments: