Thursday, September 3, 2009

I took pictures of the JD 3020 on the rollback so I could get the front end off of the tractor. My Kodak camera likes them better than I do and refuses to give them up!
I delivered the front end to my customer on Monday and picked up another JD 1020. This one runs good, has power steering, nice tires,straight metal,and 1 remote outlet. Either, the diff lock is hung on the differential or the differential has come apart on it. I will have to pull the rockshaft cover to check it out.
It was a difficult trip, I left home at 5:30 AM and as I was coming into Camden I lost the lights on the rear of the truck...one minute they were shining brightly and the next they were dark and did I mention it was drizzling rain also. I pulled over as I came into Camden and replaced the fuse and they lit up again. I made it to the other side of Camden and they went out again. I found a place to pull over where I could back up against a dumpster and check to see if my brake lights were working and they would work and my signal lights would work. So I pulled the emergency flashers on and down the road I went. I was on the far side of Columbia before it got light enough to cut the flashers off.
On the way home, As I was coming out of Camden I saw a guy standing by the road smoking a cigar wearing only a set of boxer briefs. The last two trips I have made have had guys on the side of the road smoking a cigar. Its just a little weird!!

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts, hauling tractors and weird guys!

No comments: