Thursday, November 19, 2009

Duh!

I had a customer in a few minutes ago looking for MF tractor parts. I asked him what size MF tractor is it?? And he said a MF 340. I am thinking I have never heard of a 340 MF. He is describing hydraulic lines that hook to the pump and go straight to the back of the tractor that make the lift pick up. I tell him I have never heard of a MF 340 and don't know of a tractor with lines like he is describing. Then he says...........It's got International written on the side of it!!!!!! DUH
It was a International 340. He had even asked the guy with him if it was a MF and he said it was a MF 340 .
It always baffles me when people do not know what they have. Part of his description was a MF with an International engine in it. I have seen Continental engines and Perkins engines in them but never an International engine.

Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts, Puzzling them out one tractor at a time!

4 comments:

Larry McConnell said...

He wasn't wearing a green shirt was he?

Eric said...

One of them was wearing a green shirt and it did not help any!!!

Eric

Larry McConnell said...

He may have had the initials right but didn't stand for Massey Ferguson!

Eric said...

Yep. Thoses initials stand for lots of different things......
Eric