Wednesday, November 18, 2009

JD 3010 rebuild #6 The Balancer


I started working on the balancer that bolts to the bottom of the engine inside of the oil pan. The gears had more play than I like to see so I disassembled it a replace the bushings and shafts. The picture has 1 new shaft(the shiny one) and 1 used shaft(the other one) and you can seethe new bushings in the balancer housing. The picture also has 1 of my hammers and a socket with an extension. Yes, the socket is on the extension backwards. I have broken the head of the extension trying to loosen a bolt that did not want to be loosened so now I used it as a drift. I put it in the socket backwards to make a bushing driver to install the 4 bushings in the balancer. It worked real good. And again this is my handfull of tools and a hammer!!
Eric Benton, Southeast Tractor Parts, Fixin things

No comments: